Implementing new quality systems can sometimes be a lot of work. And the first question that comes up from many companies is, “how will our business benefit from obtaining an ISO 9001 certification?” The basis of ISO 9001 is to provide a practical and production-oriented Quality Management System for monitoring and ultimately improving all segments of your business.
Preparing your company for an ISO 9001 certification audit is not about writing a set of procedures that are complicated and difficult to maintain. Instead, the preparation should help you identify where your current quality management system has gaps and the preparation process should help you develop a management system that is suitable for your organization. With the right approach and using the knowledge of your employees, you can develop an efficient and simple quality management system that will work to improve all areas of your company.
Developing an efficient and useful ISO 9001 Quality Management System (QMS) will focus your quality efforts to improve areas of your business that you deem important and ultimately improve production efficiency. The management processes that are established through your ISO 9001 QMS development will lay the groundwork to increased worker productivity and your business’ profit. Your business’ improved quality standards will reduce your rework and increase customer retention.
A few benefits of obtaining ISO 9001 certification include:
- A simple quality system that can scale from small businesses to large enterprise corporations
- Improve your business’ internal management processes
- Reduce waste in a process
- Improve efficiency by identifying waste
- Increase productivity by using the corrective action system to solicit employee feedback for rapid process improvement
- Increase profit from reduced waste and increased productivity
- Improve your customer retention and acquisition by reducing costly rework and schedule delays
- Provide consistent products by measuring and monitoring your products and services
- Instill confidence with your customers by having a certification to a globally recognized standard
- Implement a quality system which is compatible with other ISO standards which your customers may demand
In industries such as aviation, energy, and oil & gas, a valid ISO 9001 certificate will oftentimes be prerequisite to receiving purchase orders. In other circumstances, it may be the reason your company is chosen to provide products or services over your competitors when your customers they are considering suppliers. Ultimately, receiving this certification provides your customers with a confidence in your company’s quality management system.
Benefits Your Customers Receive from Your ISO 9001 Certification
ISO 9001:2015 is a globally recognized quality management standard. Increasingly, your clients are recognizing and demanding the benefits of doing business with companies that manage their products and services to the ISO 9001 standard. In fact, some of your customers will only do business with certified companies for the assurance that your management systems are constantly assessed and approved.
Their quality management system or supply chain management will know from experience that working with ISO 9001:2015 certified companies provide many advantages which include:
- Reduced rework and delivered deficiencies
- Improved schedule reporting and customer communications
- Improved quality products and services
- Greater product reliability, improved scheduling and more accurate delivery
- Assurance that quality standards are maintained by annual audits and assessments
To find out more about what an ISO 9001:2015 certification could mean for your business and the assessment process please reach out to us at email@example.com.